Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keepin' it RAW


I got a sample of raw milk from the local farm in Vermont and I must say it has a completely unique flavor. It was almost floral in a way, I've never tasted milk like this before. selling raw milk is thankfully not against the law in VT. My coworker said that the raw milk makes really outstanding ricotta and has the potential for making cultured butter. Raw milk is so much more nutritious than pasteurized milk, if you get it from the right source. I would only drink raw milk from a local organic farm that raises their cows on grass. But there are many people out there who thinks that it will make you sick. whatever your opinion of raw mile may be, I totally support it and will continue to purchase and use raw milk in the future.

1 comment:

  1. VERY vt-syle behavior to hit up the raw milk, way to go! Can't wait to see you also incorporate it into your cooking

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...