Monday, June 6, 2011

Taco


Taco is a great creation in itself, I do not wish to make the taco better than what it already is, but I need to somehow crete one that is my own. So one day I was playing with the wheat starch dough and decided to fry it. The result was this super crispy and light shell. I decided I want to do my take on fish taco with tuna being the protein. I was also influenced by the familiar and fresh flavors of South East Asia. The end result was a Seared Tuna marinated in toast sesame dressing in a crispy wheat starch taco shell with pickled vegetables, a wedge of lime, and chili-garlic dip. The flavor combination worked well together and the finger food factor made it more fun to eat, I could eat like ten of these. I know seared tuna is way overdone in just about every restaurant, but it's what I had to work with at the time. This was just the "first draft" of the dish, next step is to experiment with different type of fish.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfectly lite, refreshing, and delicious! Great discovery on the shell...and the sauce sounds pretty tasty as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...