Thursday, December 3, 2009

Momofuku

I just recently bought the Momofuku cook book by David Chang and I have to say that I really like this book. It's one of the few cook books that I actually read all of the contents. I have to admit that I buy cook books more as an art book than cook book. I don't know, I'm a visual learner and I get a lot of inspirations from looking at pictures rather than reading a recipe. But the Momofuku book is full of recipes that I really wanted to try because there are recipes of foods in there that I am a big fan of. One of the recipes that I've tried was the Alkaline noodles a.k.a. Ramen noodles recipe. The recipe is super simple to make, the hard part was getting a hold of the sodium carbonate and potassium carbonate that's required to get the correct pH level. The correct pH level is required so that you will get the distinct smell and texture that is associated with true ramen noodles. After 2 tries, I created a pretty good batch of ramen noodles that I shared with my parents for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. I can't wait to make some pork buns next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...