Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Traditional Thai Treats.







One thing that I noticed in Thailand these days was the fact that it was really hard to find good traditional Thai sweets. When I was young, there were so many street vendors around that finding delicious snacks was no problem at all. But the new generations nowadays they tend to eat western snacks and crappy fast food. This was evidence due to the large amount of fast food joints in and around the city. Even a delicious Japanese dish such as Sukiyaki had become a type of fast-food here in Thailand, which is really too bad. Anyway back to the traditional street snacks. I really miss all those wonderful snacks that I can remember from my childhood. They were often brightly colored and has some form of coconut in them. I loved the way they came in their little pouches made from banana leaves and not to mention they were cheap.
Thankfully my cousin took me to this market where their selling point is that they cook and sell only traditional Thai foods. This was like the old western town attractions that you find in the U.S. I was very happy that my cousin was acting as my tour guide because those treats were just as I remembered them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...