Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weird Cravings

I sort of have kitchen A.D.D. when I am cooking at home. I'll start out wanting to bake a loaf of bread and end up with a vinaigrette, 2 desserts and a dinner entree. I'm exaggerating of course but you get the point.
While shopping I came across a section of peppers and my mind mysteriously jumped to a vietnamese dish I had had a few weeks prior. It is a simple salad of cabbage and carrots with 'nuoc mam' or fish sauce dressing and peanuts.

I'm adding marinated / grilled flank steak to the top of the salad for some extra protein to make it a salad entree.
While grabbing some butter I had yet another craving, pudding, specifically chocolate. Pudding isn't exactly the first thing you think of when dessert crosses your mind but sometimes the velvety richness of really well made pudding can't be beat.

I don't really believe in having themed meals when cooking at home. Unless of course we have guests. When it's just you or you and your significant other, my philosophy is: if it tastes good, why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...